Everything You Need to Know About Setting Up Your GMB Page
In this post, you’ll learn everything you need to set up your Google My Business (GMB) page.
Today, a GMB page is essential to online success. It helps you get seen and found by people searching for your services. It helps you grow your audience, build your brand, and show off your 5-star reviews—all in one convenient place.
Read on to learn how to set it up.
What Is a Google My Business Page?
GMB is a tool Google created to organize local businesses and connect them to users looking for their services in those areas.
If you search for a local business on Google on a desktop, you’ll see their GMB page pop up on the right-hand side of the search results:
Your GMB page displays your company’s basic information, including:
- Business name
- Address, or ZIP/postal code
- Location on Google Maps
- Phone number
- Website domain
A GMB page can also display additional information, including:
- Business category
- Rating out of 5 stars
- Customer reviews
- Price range
- Service options
Why Having a GMB Page Is So Important
Having a Google My Business Page is vital to online marketing success because almost everyone on the Internet uses it.
Google dominates the search engine market with over 91% of the global search engine market share. For your business to be seen by more people, you must focus on your Google presence first.
GMB is free, easy to use, quick to set up, and probably the best way to grow your audience online.
It’s a great way to build your brand and understand to a higher degree how customers are engaging with your online business profile so you can improve it in real time.
GMB is central to how Google organizes their Google Maps results and powers their Local Search results. If you are looking for online business success, a GMB page is your first step.
How to Set Up Your GMB Page
Setting up your Google My Business Page correctly and verifying your business is all you need to start seeing improvement in your online ranking.
First, you’ll need to get online with your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Open your preferred web browser and follow these steps:
- Go to: https://business.google.com/
- Click the blue MANAGE NOW
- Sign in or create your account.
- Enter your business name. If Google has your business there already, select to claim it. If you don’t see anything there, select “create a business with this name,” then confirm it:
- Choose your business category, e.g., “Plumber”:
- Choose to display your location or not. If you operate from a location that customers visit and has signage visible from the street, select YES. If Google finds they cannot see your sign from the road, your business will be If you operate your business from home or a service area, select NO.
- If you answered YES to step 6, enter your business address in full. If you answered NO, enter your primary service area (city).
- Add your website URL and your phone number. Local area codes are always preferred over 1-800 numbers. Use your local business number if you can.
Verifying Your Business
Second, make sure to follow the steps that allow you to “Verify Your Business.” Double-check that the mailing address and all other information is correct. Google will send a usually within 14 days to that address to verify the location.
Once you receive the card, log in to your GMB account, and enter the 5-digit pin printed on the back of the card under the “Verify Now” section found in the left menu. Your business verification is now complete!
Want to Grow Your Business Using GMB?
LinkNow Is Here to Help
Your Google My Business page is the first step in achieving online marketing success. Most users are familiar with it, and because of that, it gives your business the broadest reach possible.
If you need help registering or optimizing your GMB page, give us a shout. Call 888-667-7186 or leave a comment below.Share: